Thyroid Nodule Fast Track Program
Have you recently discovered you have a thyroid nodule? Or perhaps your doctor simply felt a possible lump in your thyroid?
At Boulder Endocrinology, we understand it can be anxiety provoking to receive such news. While it turns out that most thyroid nodules are no more dangerous than a mole on your skin, a few nodules do create problems. Please click here for basic information about thyroid nodules.
Quick Thyroid Assessment
The goal of the Fast Track program is to quickly help you determine what needs to be done to evaluate and treat your thyroid nodule(s). We aim to perform your assessment within 7-10 days. You will be scheduled for an assessment with one of our board-certified endocrinologists with special interest in thyroid gland problems and the use of ultrasound in assessment. Your doctor will perform a focused clinical assessment, thyroid ultrasound, and FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy if needed, usually at the time of your initial assessment. Biopsy results are typically available within 4 days.
To prepare for your initial visit, please plan to do the following:
- Complete your initial paperwork [link to document which has fast track history form, registration form, and financial policy form]
- Obtain referral from your primary care provider, if this is required by your insurance. Our staff can assist you in determining if this is needed
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and photo ID
- Bring a copy of your most recent thyroid blood tests (TSH, free T4, and/or free T3)
- Bring a copy of your ultrasound report (if you had one, if not we will complete the ultrasound at your visit)
- Arrive on time. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to finish any administrative tasks before your visit