The DXA Body Composition Scan is a comprehensive snapshot of your exact breakdown of bone, fat tissue, and muscle mass. It is the most accurate and precise test of body fat and muscle available.
What is a DXA Body Composition Scan?
Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA, previously DEXA) is a means of measuring Bone Mineral Density and the amount of lean and fat tissue. The exam is non-invasive, precise and reliable.
Why would I need a DXA Body Composition Scan?
If you have ever wondered what you are made of, A DXA scan can answer that question. Knowing your body composition gives you the information you need to:
- Understand your body’s individual needs, strengths and weaknesses with respect to training, diet, and overall health
- Visualize and pinpoint the exact impact of a new training or diet plan down to exact muscle gains and fat loss in specific areas of the body
- Make decisions about adjusting and optimizing your program to suit your body’s specific responses
- Compare your bone health to others of your age, gender and ethnicity
- Identify personal long-term health risks such as Diabetes and Osteoporosis
What is the Procedure?
The DXA Technologist will carefully position you on a soft table, where you will lie still for about 10 minutes. A mechanical arm moves slowly over your entire body to scan the composition, using a low-dose x-ray to analyze your tissue. The radiation dose is roughly equivalent to 1/100th of a chest x-ray or to the background radiation you receive by being outside for 3 hours.
1 Scan – $125
2 Scan Package – $200 (for example, before and after new training program)
3 Scan Package – $250 (for example, before, at mid-point, and after new training program)